Translate

Friday, October 23, 2020

Joshua Fellowship Letter 2: From Vision to Action

Hi Joshua Fellowship

I enjoyed to have a BYO fellowship time with you tonight. We counted many blessings and goodness of God. It’s my pleasure to share this second fellowship letter with you. October 2020 marks my first year of ministry at SCAC. My wife and I caught a vision to serve at SCAC when we first visited in 2013 as Alliance fellows. We made a vision trip and interviewed in 2018, and moved from Boston to Seattle in September 2019. Looking back, I could testify that the LORD is faithful and has done it (1 Th. 5:24). 
I thank God for bringing my family here to know and serve alongside many of you.

This verse came to my mind when I received Joshua 2020 Survey email.
Prov. 29:18 says, “Where there is no prophetic vision the people cast off restraint, but blessed is he who keeps the law.”
This Proverb tells us two things. The first part is obvious we can’t move far without a vision. The second part is relatively hidden, we can find our vision in the one who is “blessed” and “keeps the law" perfectly. We often says Christ is our vision. Have you ever wondered, “what is Christ’s vision?” The Church, you and me (Col. 1:27). My own reflection of this verse is that if we are Christ’s vision, then you are my vision, and Joshua Fellowship is Christ’s vision and our vision. 

The pandemic challenges us to see ourselves and the Church differently. Although Christ never changes, the church is ever changing. I would encourage everyone in Joshua Fellowship to take the survey prayerfully by asking, "what is Christ’s vision for Joshua Fellowship in 2021". We will spend time to reflect and look forward together. May Christ be our vision and we become His vision. 

As we are wrapping up 2020, here are some highlights of what’s coming up in Joshua Fellowship:

10/30 Topical Night (with Michael Woo)
Does Reconciliation Exist: How Christian faith help us to journey through the current political and social discourse with others?

11/1 Joshua Group Leaders HUDDLE 

11/6 Bible Study (with Eric Lam) 

        God's Wisdom for Navigating Life by Tim Keller: Knowing God (p56-82)

        Looking for Bible Study Leader/ Facilitator 

11/13 7-8pm Paul's Journey Premiering (watch individually followed by small group sharing)
        2020 保羅腳蹤空中行 網上首映禮報名表 (require registration)

Ongoing:



The Lord blesses you,
Pastor Tom


Check out Joshua Fellowship FB Page / Calendar for upcoming schedule



No comments:

Post a Comment